Diagnosing Alzheimer’s: Imaging Tests
Written by: Jaime Rochelle Herndon | Last reviewed: June 2019
- National Institute on Aging. How Is Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnosed? 2017. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/how-alzheimers-disease-diagnosed Accessed May 7, 2019.
- Alzheimer’s Association. Earlier Diagnosis. 2019. https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/research_progress/earlier-diagnosis Accessed May 7, 2019.
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering. Computed Tomography (CT). n.d. https://www.nibib.nih.gov/science-education/science-topics/computed-tomography-ct Accessed May 7, 2019.
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). n.d. https://www.nibib.nih.gov/science-education/science-topics/magnetic-resonance-imaging-mri Accessed May 7, 2019.
- Cleveland Clinic. PET Scan. 2018. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diagnostics/10123-pet-scan Accessed May 7, 2019.
- UC San Diego School of Medicine. What is fMRI? 2019. http://fmri.ucsd.edu/Research/whatisfmri.html Accessed May 7, 2019.
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging. Fact Sheet: Molecular Imaging and Alzheimer’s Disease. n.d. http://www.snmmi.org/AboutSNMMI/Content.aspx?ItemNumber=5651 Accessed May 7, 2019.