Complementary & Alternative Therapies for Alzheimer’s
Written by: Jaime Rochelle Herndon | Last reviewed: June 2019
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What’s In a Name? 2018. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health#hed1 Accessed February 22, 2019.
- Mayo Clinic. Gingko. 2017. https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-ginkgo/art-20362032 Accessed February 22, 2019.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Gingko Evaluation of Memory (GEM) Study Fails to Show Benefit in Preventing Dementia in the Elderly. 2008. https://nccih.nih.gov/news/2008/111808.htm Accessed February 22, 2019.
- Alzheimer’s Association. Alternative Treatments. 2019. https://www.alz.org/alzheimers-dementia/treatments/alternative-treatments Accessed February 22, 2019.
- Khalsa DS. Stress, meditation, and Alzheimer’s disease prevention: Where the evidence stands. J Alzheimer’s Dis. 2015; 48(1): 1-12. Doi: 10.3233/JAD-142766 Accessed February 22, 2019.