caret icon Back to all discussions

TB006 Alzheimer's Treatment results

TB006 is one of many drugs under development to treat Alzheimer's. My wife is currently in the mild category and we have been looking at trials to get involved with.
TB006, by True Binding (https://www.truebinding.com/), had a successful Phase 1/2B trial and then they have reported early results from an Open Label Extension (OLE) program that appears to have amazing potential. 47% of participants showed an improvement in cognitive ability and 28% had not change. See this link: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/open-label-extension-study-for-alzheimers-treatment-showed-disease-reversal-in-nearly-half-of-study-participants-in-just-three-months-301782465.html

This information was reported in March yet when I search on all the major Alzheimer's web sites I come up empty. We are considering joining the Early Access Program to receive this promising looking treatment.
On the surface this looks like a very significant treatment but we are trying to make a good decision. Is there some reason this treatment is not getting press?

1. Hi . Thank you so much for starting this forum and sharing information about TB006. I had to do some research myself and see that, even with a successful Phase 1/2B trial and their reported early results from the Open Label Extension (OLE) program, it probably hasn't hit the news circuits broadly because it is still considered an early trial. We suspect that once they move into phase 3, and as long as that’s accompanied by more success (and ultimately an FDA approval), it will not doubt be news everywhere.

We'd love to hear from any community members who may have or are also considering participation in the OLE program. Is this something that you have discussed with your wife's healthcare team yet? What's factoring into your decision process?

Please keep us updated - and if any community members have experience with this, please chime in!

Warmly, Patty, Team Member

Please read our rules before posting.